Fidelity to the Word
Our Lord and His Holy Apostles at the Last Supper


A blog dedicated to Christ Jesus our Lord and His True Presence in the Holy Mystery of the Eucharist


The Lord Jesus, the same night in which He was betrayed, took bread, and giving thanks, broke, and said: Take ye and eat, this is My Body which shall be delivered for you; this do for the commemoration of Me. In like manner also the chalice.

Friday, June 13, 2014

Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord


Come, O Holy Ghost and fill the hearts of Thy faithful: and kindle in them the fire of Thy love.

+++

Requiem † æternam dona ei, Domine:
et lux perpetua luceat ei.
In memoria æterna erit iustus,
ab auditione mala non timebit.
Eternal rest grant † unto her, O Lord:
and let perpetual light shine upon her.
She shall be justified in everlasting memory,
and shall not fear evil reports.
Absolve, Domine,
animas omnium fidelium defunctorum
ab omni vinculo delictorum
et gratia tua illis succurente
mereantur evadere iudicium ultionis,
et lucis æternae beatitudine perfrui.
Forgive, O Lord,
the souls of all the faithful departed
from all the chains of their sins
and by the aid to them of your grace
may they merit to avoid avenging judgment,
and enjoy the blessedness of everlasting light.
Lux æterna luceat ei, Domine,
cum sanctis tuis in æternum,
quia pius es.
Requiem æternam dona ei, Domine;
et lux perpetua luceat ei;
cum Sanctis tuis in æternum,
quia pius es.
May everlasting light shine upon her, O Lord,
with your Saints forever,
for you are kind.
Grant her eternal rest, O Lord,
and may everlasting light shine upon her.
with your Saints forever,
for you are merciful.


Absolve, I beseech Thee, O Lord, the soul of Thy handmaid Rebecca, that she who is dead to the world, may live unto Thee: and wipe away by Thy most merciful forgiveness whatever sins she may have committed in life through human frailty. Through Christ our Lord.  Amen.

St. Anthony of Padua, Confessor and Doctor of the Church, pray for her.

+++

Readings from the Ember Friday propers.  God is generous.  The fruits of the earth promised in the epistle are emblematic, sweet friend, of the spiritual blessings which we can hope the Holy Ghost will lavish on your soul. In the gospel, we see that Jesus is ready to heal and to forgive. Also he forgave the sins of the sick man when he saw the faith of the ones who brought him.  Be of good cheer. You have many friends who have lifted you up in prayer.

Introit:

Let my mouth be filled with Thy praise, alleluia: that I may sing, alleluia: my lips shall rejoice, when I shall sing to Thee, alleluia, alleluia. In Thee, O Lord, have I hoped, let me never be put to confusion: deliver me in Thy justice, and rescue me. v. Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Ghost, as it was in the beginning, and now, and ever, and to the age of ages. Amen.
Psalm 70:8,23,1,2


Epistle:

Thus saith the Lord God: O children of Sion, rejoice, and be joyful in the Lord your God; because He hath given you a teacher of justice, and He will make the early and the latter rain to come down to you, as in the beginning: and the floors shall be filled with wheat, and the presses shall overflow with wine and oil. And you shall eat in plenty, and shall be filled; and you shall praise the name of the Lord your God, Who hath done wonders with you: and My people shall not be confounded for ever. And you shall know that I am in the midst of Israel: and I am the Lord your God, and there is none besides; and My people shall not be confounded forever; said the Lord almighty.
Joel 2:23,24,26,27


Alleluia, alleluia. O how good and sweet, O Lord, is Thy spirit within us. Alleluia.


Gospel:

At that time, it came to pass, on a certain day that Jesus sat teaching; and there were pharisees and doctors of the law sitting by that were come out of every town of Galilee, and Judea, and Jerusalem, and the power of the Lord was to heal them. And behold men brought in a bed a man who had the palsy, and they sought means to bring him in, and to lay him before Him; and when they could not find by what way they might bring him in, because of the multitude, they went up upon the roof, and let him down through the tiles with his bed into the midst before Jesus. And when He saw their faith, He said, "Man, thy sins are forgiven thee: and the scribes and pharisees began to think, saying, Who is this who speaketh blasphemies? Who can forgive sins, but God alone? And when Jesus knew their thoughts, answering, He saith to them, "What is it you think in your hearts? Which is easier to say? Thy sins are forgiven thee, or to say, Arise and walk? But that you may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins(to the crippled man) I say to thee, Arise, take up thy bed, and go into thy house." And immediately rising up before them, he took up the bed on which he lay and he went away to his own house, glorifying God. And all were astonished, and they glorified God; and they were filled with fear, saying, We have seen wonderful things today.
Luke 5:17-26


Offertory:

Praise the Lord, O my soul, in my life I will praise the Lord; I will sing to my God, as long as I shall be, alleluia.
Psalm 145:2


Communion:

I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you again, alleluia: and your heart shall rejoice, alleluia.
John 14:18
+++

And I will ask the Father, and he shall give you another Paraclete, that he may abide with you for ever. The spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, nor knoweth him: but you shall know him; because he shall abide with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you orphans, I will come to you. Yet a little while: and the world seeth me no more. But you see me: because I live, and you shall live. In that day you shall know, that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.
John 14:16-20

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home