Fidelity to the Word
Our Lord and His Holy Apostles at the Last Supper


A blog dedicated to Christ Jesus our Lord and His True Presence in the Holy Mystery of the Eucharist


The Lord Jesus, the same night in which He was betrayed, took bread, and giving thanks, broke, and said: Take ye and eat, this is My Body which shall be delivered for you; this do for the commemoration of Me. In like manner also the chalice.

Friday, June 06, 2014

The Lord by wisdom hath founded the earth


O Lord, remember David, and all his meekness. How he swore to the Lord, he vowed a vow to the God of Jacob: If I shall enter into the tabernacle of my house: if I shall go up into the bed wherein I lie: If I shall give sleep to my eyes, or slumber to my eyelids, or rest to my temples: until I find out a place for the Lord, a tabernacle for the God of Jacob.

Behold we have heard of it in Ephrata: we have found it in the fields of the wood. We will go into his tabernacle: We will adore in the place where his feet stood. Arise, O Lord, into thy resting place: thou and the ark, which thou hast sanctified. Let thy priests be clothed with justice: and let thy saints rejoice. For thy servant David' s sake, turn not away the face of thy anointed.

The Lord hath sworn truth to David, and he will not make it void: of the fruit of thy womb I will set upon thy throne. If thy children will keep thy covenant, and these my testimonies which I shall teach them: Their children also for evermore shall sit upon thy throne. For the Lord hath chosen Sion: he hath chosen it for his dwelling. This is my rest for ever and ever: here will I dwell, for I have chosen it. Blessing, I will bless her widow: I will satisfy her poor with bread.

I will clothe her priests with salvation: and her saints shall rejoice with exceeding great joy. There will I bring forth a horn to David: I have prepared a lamp for my anointed. His enemies I will clothe with confusion: but upon him will my sanctification flourish.
Psalm 131

+++

Beloved Rebecca, my constant friend for years, now dearly missed, you also must find a place for the Lord, a tabernacle for the God of Jacob, a place to adore Him. Where else can that be but in thy own soul ?

Invite Him there, gentle friend. Even if the house of your soul is disheveled, so that you are ashamed to receive visitors, our Father is the kindest of guests. He Himself will help you to clean your house and repair it, and to set all in order. He brings with Him goodness beyond measure. With your consent, He will take thy humble hut and make of it a palace, and bless it, and dwell there with thee.

Then your sorrows will cease: no more an orphan, you will be fed and clothed and healed, and you will have a secure place to dwell in blessèd friendship with the saints. In their company, I pray that you may remember the music that you loved before, and learn from them new songs, songs of beauty that move and instruct the heart. Then “make a joyful noise unto the Lord”, and let the saints rejoice with you.

+++

Act of Consecration

Our Father who art in heaven...

Hail, Mary, Full of Grace, ...

Glory be to the Father... (7 Times)

Abide in Rebecca's soul, O Good and Holy Spirit.
In Thy care may she find healing.
May she whom the doctors could not cure
find comfort and peace in Thee
from now until the day of judgment.

Holy Comforter and Counselor,
come to Rebecca's aid.
Let her remember this world's sorrows,
and grow wise and compassionate.
Let her remember this world's joys,
and the goodness she saw,
and be grateful and generous in return.

Holy and immortal Lover of mankind,
Who givest to all men abundantly,
I beg Thee to add still more to Thy blessings for Rebecca,
true contrition for her sins,
lasting repentance and conversion of her heart,
absolute trust in Thee,
and Thy indwelling Presence,
life-giving water springing up eternally,
refreshing her soul.
Grant her goodness and kindness and fidelity,
faithful service and sabbath rest,
knowledge of Thy creation,
and its Creator,
delight in all that Thou revealest to her.
Let her be secure in Thy providence,
receiving from Thee wisdom and doing Thy will.
May she thank Thee, and praise Thee, and love Thee,
both now and forever. Amen.

My Lord, my Life, my Hope,
I humbly ask Thee to grant Rebecca
peace and wisdom and life in Thee.

Prayer for the Seven Gifts of the Holy Ghost
+++

Saint Norbert, Bishop and Confessor, pray for her.
+++

But if any of you want wisdom, let him ask of God, who giveth to all men abundantly, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
James 1:5

God loveth none but him that dwelleth with wisdom.
Wisdom 7:28

But the wisdom that is from above, first indeed is chaste, then peaceable, modest, easy to be persuaded, consenting to the good, full of mercy and good fruits, without judging, without dissimulation.
James 3:17

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home