Fidelity to the Word
Our Lord and His Holy Apostles at the Last Supper


A blog dedicated to Christ Jesus our Lord and His True Presence in the Holy Mystery of the Eucharist


The Lord Jesus, the same night in which He was betrayed, took bread, and giving thanks, broke, and said: Take ye and eat, this is My Body which shall be delivered for you; this do for the commemoration of Me. In like manner also the chalice.

Monday, June 09, 2014

Why art thou cast down?


As the hart panteth after the fountains of water; so my soul panteth after Thee, O God. My soul hath thirsted after the strong living God; when shall I come and appear before the face of God? My tears have been my bread day and night, whilst it is said to me daily: Where is thy God? These things I remembered, and poured out my soul in me: for I shall go over into the place of the wonderful tabernacle, even to the house of God: With the voice of joy and praise; the noise of one feasting.

Why art thou sad, O my soul? and why dost thou trouble me? Hope in God, for I will still give praise to Him: the salvation of my countenance, and my God. My soul is troubled within myself: therefore will I remember Thee from the land of Jordan and Hermoniim, from the little hill. Deep calleth on deep, at the noise of thy flood-gates. All Thy heights and thy billows have passed over me. In the daytime the Lord hath commanded His mercy; and a canticle to Him in the night. With me is prayer to the God of my life. I will say to God: Thou art my support. Why hast Thou forgotten me? and why go I mourning, whilst my enemy afflicteth me?

Whilst my bones are broken, my enemies who trouble me have reproached me; Whilst they say to me day be day: Where is thy God? Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why dost thou disquiet me? Hope thou in God, for I will still give praise to Him: the salvation of my countenance, and my God.
Psalm 41

+++

Do not be sad, dearest friend. Trust in God, Who makes all of His friends to be saints.

Saints Primus and Felician, holy martyrs, pray for her.
Saint Jerome, pray for her.
Saint Benedict, pray for her.

The heavens proclaim Your wonders, O Lord, and Your truth in the assembly of the saints.
V. The mercies of the Lord I will sing forever through all generations.
Psalm 88:6,2

Come, O Holy Ghost and fill the hearts of Thy faithful: and kindle in them the fire of Thy love.

+++

This is the last week of prayer until your funeral on Saturday. Please pardon me if my voice falls silent after that. I am still in the flesh, and weak. I pray that God will give you a stronger voice and a joyful heart, so that you will sing of His mercies from generation to generation and beyond all generations.

Dearest friend, even if I fall silent, I will remember, and thy memory will be a blessing all the days of my life.

Thank you God, for bringing Rebecca into my life, for a little while.

+++

I have chosen you out of the world that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain.
John 15:16

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home