Fidelity to the Word
Our Lord and His Holy Apostles at the Last Supper


A blog dedicated to Christ Jesus our Lord and His True Presence in the Holy Mystery of the Eucharist


The Lord Jesus, the same night in which He was betrayed, took bread, and giving thanks, broke, and said: Take ye and eat, this is My Body which shall be delivered for you; this do for the commemoration of Me. In like manner also the chalice.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Jesus said to her: I am the Resurrection


From the Gospel according to Saint John [chapter 11]:

21 Martha therefore said to Jesus: Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died.
22 But now also I know that whatsoever thou wilt ask of God, God will give it thee.
23 Jesus saith to her: Thy brother shall rise again.
24 Martha saith to him: I know that he shall rise again, in the resurrection at the last day.
25 Jesus said to her: I am the resurrection and the life: he that believeth in me, although he be dead, shall live:
26 And every one that liveth, and believeth in me, shall not die for ever. Believest thou this?
27 She saith to him: Yea, Lord, I have believed that thou art Christ the Son of the living God, who art come into this world.

+++

Dearest friend,

You died still hoping in the mercy of God; I pray that your hope will not have been in vain. Our Lord did not grant the cure for which I begged. I pray that you will receive instead a better and more lasting gift.

+++

O God, Whose property it is ever to have mercy and to spare, we humbly entreat Thee on behalf of the soul of Thy handmaid Rebecca whom Thou hast called out of this world; look upon her with pity and let her be conducted by the holy angels to paradise, her true country. Grant that she who believed in Thee and hoped in Thee may be rescued from eternal death, released from purgatorial fire, and lifted up to eternal comfort and joy. Through Jesus Christ, Thy Son, our Lord, Who with Thee and the Holy Ghost liveth and reigneth through all the ages. Amen.

Our Father...
Hail, Mary...

V. Eternal rest give unto Rebecca, 0 Lord;
R. And let perpetual light shine upon her.

+++

Saint Boniface, please pray for her.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home