Fidelity to the Word
Our Lord and His Holy Apostles at the Last Supper


A blog dedicated to Christ Jesus our Lord and His True Presence in the Holy Mystery of the Eucharist


The Lord Jesus, the same night in which He was betrayed, took bread, and giving thanks, broke, and said: Take ye and eat, this is My Body which shall be delivered for you; this do for the commemoration of Me. In like manner also the chalice.

Monday, May 12, 2014

The King of Love my Shepherd Is


They announced your death yesterday at St. Michael, where you will be buried, and offered prayers for you.

The processional hymn was one of your favorites, one that honors God and ends with a timely hope:

The King of love my shepherd is,
Whose goodness faileth never;
I nothing lack if I am his
And he is mine forever.

Where streams of living water flow,
My ransomed soul he leadeth
And, where the verdant pastures grow,
With food celestial feedeth.

Perverse and foolish oft I strayed,
But yet in love he sought me
And on his shoulder gently laid
And home rejoicing brought me.

In death’s dark vale I fear no ill
With thee, dear Lord, beside me,
Thy rod and staff my comfort still,
Thy cross before to guide me.

Thou spredst a table in my sight;
Thine unction grace bestoweth;
And, oh, what transport of delight
From thy pure chalice floweth!

And so through all the length of days
Thy goodness faileth never.
Good Shepherd, may I sing thy praise
Within thy house forever.

+++

Dearest friend,

May the Good Shepherd carry you through all difficulties home to our Father. May you drink deeply of the Holy Spirit, and be comforted by Him. May you be washed in the Blood of the Lamb, and be cleansed by Him. May you return the pure love of God with pure love, and may you hear your Father's voice say to you finally, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant: enter into the joy of thy Lord."

+++

Saints Nereus, Achilleus, Domitilla, and Pancras, holy martyrs, pray for Rebecca, that she with a pure heart may join with you in praising God forever.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home