Fidelity to the Word
Our Lord and His Holy Apostles at the Last Supper


A blog dedicated to Christ Jesus our Lord and His True Presence in the Holy Mystery of the Eucharist


The Lord Jesus, the same night in which He was betrayed, took bread, and giving thanks, broke, and said: Take ye and eat, this is My Body which shall be delivered for you; this do for the commemoration of Me. In like manner also the chalice.

Saturday, May 10, 2014

A Psalm of Ascents


I walked along a new path yesterday, and was very sorry not to have your hand in mine as I went exploring during this most beautiful time of year. I didn't see much to explore: the park was small, more to your taste than mine, with open, manicured lawns. You would have said you liked it, but then you were usually more appreciative of whatever circumstances we found ourselves in than I was.

+++

On this eighth day after your death, I pray for you Psalm 129, "a psalm of ascents".

From the depths I have cried out to You, O Lord;
Lord, hear my voice. Let Your ears be attentive
to the voice of my supplication.
If You, Lord, were to mark iniquities, who, O Lord, shall stand?
But with You is forgiveness, that You may be revered. I trust in the Lord;
My soul trusts in His word.
My soul waits for the Lord,
more than watchmen wait for the dawn. More than watchmen wait for the dawn, let Israel hope in the Lord.
For with the Lord there is mercy, and with Him is plenteous redemption.
And He will redeem Israel from all his iniquities.

V. Eternal rest give unto her, O Lord.
R. And let perpetual light shine upon her.
V. May she rest in peace.
R. Amen.

Oremus - O God, the Giver of pardon and Lover of man’s salvation: I beseech Thee of Thy mercy to grant that my friend, and also members of our families and benefactors who have passed out of this world, may, at the intercession of blessed Mary ever Virgin and of all Thy Saints, attain unto the fellowship of eternal blessedness. Through Jesus Christ Thy Son, our Lord, who with Thee and the Holy Spirit liveth and reigneth, ever one God, through all the ages of ages. Amen.

+++

Dear friend, I hope I may imitate those of your virtues that I had the wit to notice and remember, but I am a slow learner. Don't wait for me. Fly to God, and I will catch up when I can, Deo volente.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saint Antoninus of Florence, pray for her.
Saint Gordianus and Saint Epimachus, pray for her.

5/10/2014 11:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home