Fidelity to the Word
Our Lord and His Holy Apostles at the Last Supper


A blog dedicated to Christ Jesus our Lord and His True Presence in the Holy Mystery of the Eucharist


The Lord Jesus, the same night in which He was betrayed, took bread, and giving thanks, broke, and said: Take ye and eat, this is My Body which shall be delivered for you; this do for the commemoration of Me. In like manner also the chalice.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Comments from a Slow Learner


Saint Paul was not a slow learner, but even he needed time to move out of malice and ignorance into the light of our Savior.  Sharing what he had learned, in his first letter to the Thessalonians [chapter 4], he wrote:

12 And we will not have you ignorant, brethren, concerning them that are asleep, that you be not sorrowful, even as others who have no hope.
13 For if we believe that Jesus died, and rose again; even so them who have slept through Jesus, will God bring with him.
14 For this we say unto you in the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, who remain unto the coming of the Lord, shall not prevent them who have slept.
15 For the Lord himself shall come down from heaven with commandment, and with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God: and the dead who are in Christ, shall rise first.
16 Then we who are alive, who are left, shall be taken up together with them in the clouds to meet Christ, into the air, and so shall we be always with the Lord.
17 Wherefore, comfort ye one another with these words.

+++

I am sorrowful, nevertheless, dear friend, even while I hope and pray that God has destined you for joy.  I regret that we started drifting apart these last few years.  Your departure has left a hole in my life.  And for you, what do you face now?  You had a good heart, but neither of us us has been a perfect saint.  What consequences do you face?  How do you learn now what you failed to learn in life?

I pray, dear "Professor Schwan", that you will be a good student in your new school, that you will learn to hear our Master's voice, and become prompt and constant to do His will, for He commands nothing more from us than to do what is right and holy.  Then, if I can learn the same lessons, we shall meet again, and our face-to-face friendship will be renewed.  May God sustain our friendship until then, even from this world to the next, and I will pray for you.

+++

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell; lead all souls to Heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy.

+++

Act of Humility
from the Small Roman Missal

O GOD of sanctity! Who am I, that Thou shouldst come to me? "The heavens are not pure in Thy sight," and wilt Thou dwell in my heart? "Lord! I am not worthy that Thou shouldst enter under my roof." The consciousness of my unworthiness would prompt me to exclaim: "Depart from me, O Lord! For I am a sinner." But oh, the wonderful condescension of Thy love! Thy pressing invitation encourages me, and dispels my fears. "Here I am, for Thou didst call me." Come then, O Jesus! Take possession of a heart that wishes to belong to Thee. "Behold! They that go far from Thee shall perish." But, O my God! this house of my heart is too narrow for Thee: do Thou enlarge it; it is falling to ruin; do Thou repair it; it has been defiled by sin: do Thou cleanse and purify it. Look Thou upon me, and have mercy on me. Oh, heal my soul, for I have sinned against Thee! Let Thy tender mercies come unto me, and I shall live! Lord! I am not worthy that Thou shouldst enter under my roof; say but the word, and my soul shall be healed.

+++

Merciful Father, please bless Rebecca, the few who read these words, and all those for whom I have prayed. Cleanse and repair the houses of our hearts, so that they may become fit habitations for the Holy Ghost, and graciously grant that He may dwell in us and we in Him.  Through Christ our Lord.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Saint Robert Bellarmine, pray for her.

5/13/2014 09:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home