Fidelity to the Word
Our Lord and His Holy Apostles at the Last Supper


A blog dedicated to Christ Jesus our Lord and His True Presence in the Holy Mystery of the Eucharist


The Lord Jesus, the same night in which He was betrayed, took bread, and giving thanks, broke, and said: Take ye and eat, this is My Body which shall be delivered for you; this do for the commemoration of Me. In like manner also the chalice.

Sunday, May 04, 2014

Six Weeks


Dear Rebecca,

Your daughters want to bury you on Saturday, June 14th. That is six weeks and a day after you died, which is a long time to wait, if you ask me.

I wish you would, in words that I can hear.

I think I will have to wait for that conversation.

I will try to pray for you every day. I am posting many of the prayers in my blog in the hope that they may help someone else on a sorrowful day. Maybe someone else will be kind enough to pray for you, too.

+++

R. Come to her assistance, ye Saints of God, come forth to meet her, ye Angels of the Lord, receiving her soul, offering it in the sight of the Most High.

V. May Christ receive thee Who has called thee, and may the Angels lead thee into Abraham's bosom.

R. Receiving her soul...

V. Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her.

R. ... offering it in the sight of the Most High.

+++

I love you sweetie. God loves you, too. We wrestled for you. God's arm is stronger. I miss you so much.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

A strange day today. Most days just fly past, but this one seems very long.

5/04/2014 12:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home