Fidelity to the Word
Our Lord and His Holy Apostles at the Last Supper


A blog dedicated to Christ Jesus our Lord and His True Presence in the Holy Mystery of the Eucharist


The Lord Jesus, the same night in which He was betrayed, took bread, and giving thanks, broke, and said: Take ye and eat, this is My Body which shall be delivered for you; this do for the commemoration of Me. In like manner also the chalice.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Anglo-Catholics

Heard in the Inn at the End of the World:

Another wouldn't-it-be-great-if-it-were-true net rumor:

According to a comment on Titusonenine, the Pope will this week receive on his desk a document that proposes something akin to an Opus Dei-style personal prelature for disgruntled Anglicans of a Catholic bent. This would allow them to be received into the Catholic Church but retain their Anglican identity, with presumably their (or should I say our?) own priests going with them too. ...
A stumbling block would be the presence of married bishops. Would they be willing to live chastely, for the sake of Church unity?

+++

At the Last Supper, Christ our Savior, through the Holy Spirit, prayed to the Father for the unity of His disciples then and now:

"And not for them only do I pray, but for them also who through their word shall believe in me; that they all may be one, as Thou, Father, in me, and I in Thee; that they also may be one in us; that the world may believe that Thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou hast given me, I have given to them; that they may be one, as we also are one: I in them, and Thou in me; that they may be made perfect in one: and the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast also loved me."

John 17:20-23
+++

Behold how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell in unity. Like the precious ointment on the head, that ran down upon the beard, the beard of Aaron, Which ran down to the skirt of his garment: as the dew of Hermon, which descendeth upon mount Sion. For there the Lord hath commandeth blessing, and life for evermore.

Psalm 133 [132]

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home