Fidelity to the Word
Our Lord and His Holy Apostles at the Last Supper


A blog dedicated to Christ Jesus our Lord and His True Presence in the Holy Mystery of the Eucharist


The Lord Jesus, the same night in which He was betrayed, took bread, and giving thanks, broke, and said: Take ye and eat, this is My Body which shall be delivered for you; this do for the commemoration of Me. In like manner also the chalice.

Friday, May 26, 2006

Act of Consecration to the Holy Spirit

On my knees before the great multitude of heavenly witnesses,
I offer myself soul and body to Thee, Eternal Spirit of God.
I adore the brightness of Thy purity,
the unerring keenness of Thy justice,
and the might of Thy love.

Thou art the Strength and Light of my soul.
In Thee I live and move and have my being.
I desire never to grieve Thee by unfaithfulness
and I pray with all my heart
to be kept from the smallest sin against Thee.

Mercifully guard my every thought, word, deed and hope.
Grant that I may always watch for Thy light,
listen to Thy voice,
and follow Thy gracious inspirations.

I cling to Thee and give myself to Thee
and ask Thee, by Thy compassion,
to watch over me in my weakness.
Holding the pierced Feet of Jesus
and looking at His Five Wounds,
trusting in His Precious Blood,
adoring His opened Side and stricken Heart,
I implore Thee, Adorable Spirit, Helper of my infirmity,
to keep me in Thy grace that I may never sin against Thee.

Give me grace, O Holy Spirit,
Spirit of the Father and the Son,
to say to Thee always and everywhere,
"Speak, Lord, for Thy servant heareth." Amen.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home