Fidelity to the Word
Our Lord and His Holy Apostles at the Last Supper


A blog dedicated to Christ Jesus our Lord and His True Presence in the Holy Mystery of the Eucharist


The Lord Jesus, the same night in which He was betrayed, took bread, and giving thanks, broke, and said: Take ye and eat, this is My Body which shall be delivered for you; this do for the commemoration of Me. In like manner also the chalice.

Friday, May 02, 2014

Good morning, Rebecca.

This is Michael.  I love you my friend, my best friend, my dearest friend.  We have had many happy times together.  I like being with you, and I miss you now, but it is only for a little while.

Let us ask God for His help, both of us, so that we don't have to spend too long in Purgatory, but can be friends again soon in Heaven.

Purgatory is the hospital for our souls.  I know you were eager to get out of your hospital in Portland and back to your home.

Our true home is Heaven, so let's give up all our old sins now, and live with clean hearts, until God calls us home.

Let's give out hearts to God, and give Him all that we are, so that God can make us holy.

After 12 years, I know you a little, and love you more than that, but God knows you completely and loves you completely.

He offers us everlasting life in His home, and if we accept that offer, in His home we will come to know more than we know now, and understand more, and love more, and become the people that He made us to be.

There at last we will have perfect, steady friendship, never darkened by grief.  We will be friends forever with each other, and other people, and most of all with God, Who has been waiting patiently for many years for us to come home to him.   That is the home He made for us, where can we can live with Him joyfully and peacefully and forever.

+++

I thought about what I wanted to say to you, and after I figured that out, I saw the readings for today. Listen to the responsorial psalm:

The response is: "One thing I seek: to dwell in the house of the Lord."! How perfect is that?

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom should I fear? The LORD is my life’s refuge; of whom should I be afraid?

R. One thing I seek: to dwell in the house of the Lord.

One thing I ask of the LORD this I seek: To dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, That I may gaze on the loveliness of the LORD and contemplate his temple.

R. One thing I seek: to dwell in the house of the Lord.

I believe that I shall see the bounty of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD with courage; be stouthearted, and wait for the LORD.

R. One thing I seek: to dwell in the house of the Lord.

+++

Today is the memorial of Saint Athanasius, who was a doctor of the Church. That means he knew and understood a lot about God. In Heaven, we will have some of that knowledge and understanding.

Bye, sweetie, I love you; I'll call again this evening.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Sancte Athanasius, ora pro ea.

5/19/2014 11:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home