Fidelity to the Word
Our Lord and His Holy Apostles at the Last Supper


A blog dedicated to Christ Jesus our Lord and His True Presence in the Holy Mystery of the Eucharist


The Lord Jesus, the same night in which He was betrayed, took bread, and giving thanks, broke, and said: Take ye and eat, this is My Body which shall be delivered for you; this do for the commemoration of Me. In like manner also the chalice.

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Peace be unto you

And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.

Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

[John 20:26-28]

Dear friend: see that Jesus is stronger than death and does not abandon His disciples. See that He accommodates His friend's difficulties and offers him help and offers him peace.  After that, He did not prevent sorrow from entering into His friend's life, but strengthened him to endure, and St. Thomas in his difficulties glorified the Lord, and the Lord glorified St. Thomas, who now knows a peace and joy more lasting than all this life's sorrows.

I heard this Gospel in the Romanian Catholic Church in which I worshipped this morning.  If I go to the TLM this evening, I will hear it again.  If God blessed you with the opportunity to attend the New Mass this morning, you heard it there, too.  I hope you read it in your Magnificat.  Take this unity of message as a sign that God's Church endures and continues her mission, even in this splintered and confused world.  She will be made whole again and you will be made whole again, and in Christ all manner of good things will be restored.

Persevere, beloved.

+++

Jesus, help us to trust in you always, and to persevere in Thy service to the end of our days.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Michael said...

Much to my surprise, Rebecca did make it to Mass at the Cathedral that Sunday, her daughters Leah and Katie with her, and their husbands. Much of the homily was applicable to Rebecca in her situation. Deo gratias.

Rebecca never had the strength to tell me; she was still listening to phone messages but not answering, but I heard this from Leah.

5/05/2014 12:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home