Fidelity to the Word
Our Lord and His Holy Apostles at the Last Supper


A blog dedicated to Christ Jesus our Lord and His True Presence in the Holy Mystery of the Eucharist


The Lord Jesus, the same night in which He was betrayed, took bread, and giving thanks, broke, and said: Take ye and eat, this is My Body which shall be delivered for you; this do for the commemoration of Me. In like manner also the chalice.

Friday, May 18, 2012

Or know you not, that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost, who is in you, whom you have from God; and you are not your own ?
1 Corinthians 6:19

The nine days in between Ascension Thursday and Pentecost Sunday are the days of the traditional novena to the Holy Ghost.

I pray a different prayer this year, as my very dear friend R has multiple myeloma, and apparently now a 2 inch cancerous mass in her bowels. She will have surgery in the near future, and more treatment afterwards.

I pray that God will remember His faithful daughter, and heal her. That the Holy Ghost will repair the temple which is her body, and having restored it, dwell therein, and gladden her heart. I pray that Jesus our Savior will not delay, but will quickly send the Comforter to my good friend, who is now in great distress.

Holy God, blessed Trinity, I ask this in the name of our savior Jesus Christ. Pardon the weakness of my faith and grant that R may rejoice forever at your mercy.

Amen, amen I say to you, that you shall lament and weep, but the world shall rejoice; and you shall be made sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy. A woman, when she is in labour, hath sorrow, because her hour is come; but when she hath brought forth the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world. So also you now indeed have sorrow; but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice; and your joy no man shall take from you. And in that day you shall not ask me any thing. Amen, amen I say to you: if you ask the Father any thing in my name, he will give it you. Hitherto you have not asked any thing in my name. Ask, and you shall receive; that your joy may be full.
John 16:20-24

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home