Fidelity to the Word
Our Lord and His Holy Apostles at the Last Supper


A blog dedicated to Christ Jesus our Lord and His True Presence in the Holy Mystery of the Eucharist


The Lord Jesus, the same night in which He was betrayed, took bread, and giving thanks, broke, and said: Take ye and eat, this is My Body which shall be delivered for you; this do for the commemoration of Me. In like manner also the chalice.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Glimpse at Calvary through the Mass

How can an all-powerful, all-loving God allow innocent suffering? "Reverend Know-it-all" answers this perennial question here. His comments are worth reading in their entirety, and thinking about. They include an account of what I am sure is one of the pivotal moments of his life:

When I was much younger I had been assigned to a very poor parish. The windows were in very bad repair. Summer and winter the wind whistled through the cracks. We might just as well have held services outside.

One summer morning I was saying Mass and the fruit flies were hovering around the chalice. In my mind I said to the Lord, “I believe that this is no longer bread and wine, but has become Your body and blood, but couldn’t You convince the fruit flies of this great miracle for just a moment?”
A little long-suffering (and, I hope, affectionate) complaint from a priest to his Master, I suppose. Certainly, he was not expecting any sort of a reply. To his lasting surprise and edification, however, the young priest received an answer anyway.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home