Fidelity to the Word
Our Lord and His Holy Apostles at the Last Supper


A blog dedicated to Christ Jesus our Lord and His True Presence in the Holy Mystery of the Eucharist


The Lord Jesus, the same night in which He was betrayed, took bread, and giving thanks, broke, and said: Take ye and eat, this is My Body which shall be delivered for you; this do for the commemoration of Me. In like manner also the chalice.

Friday, June 24, 2011

He must increase

O Jesus meek and humble of heart, Hear me.

From the desire of being esteemed,
Deliver me, Jesus.
From the desire of being loved, ...
From the desire of being extolled, ...
From the desire of being honored, ...
From the desire of being praised, ...
From the desire of being preferred to others, ...
From the desire of being consulted, ...
From the desire of being approved, ...

From the fear of being humiliated,
Deliver me, Jesus.
From the fear of being despised, ...
From the fear of suffering rebukes, ...
From the fear of being calumniated, ...
From the fear of being forgotten, ...
From the fear of being ridiculed, ...
From the fear of being wronged, ...
From the fear of being suspected, ...

That others may be loved more than I,
Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
That others may be esteemed more than I, ...
That in the opinion of the world, others may increase, and I may decrease, ...
That others may be chosen and I set aside, ...
That others may be praised and I unnoticed, ...
That others may be preferred to me in everything, ...
That others may become holier than I, provided that I become as holy as I should, ...
Amen.

[Litany of Humility by Cardinal Merry del Val + 1930]

A Novena to the Sacred Heart of our Lord and Savior (Day Two)

Cor ad cor loquitur

Set aside today's excitements and anxieties, and with a calmer heart recall that God so loves you that He willingly lays down His life for you, then speak from your heart to your Creator:

O most holy Heart of Jesus,
fountain of every blessing,
I adore Thee, I love Thee
and with a lively sorrow for my sins,
I offer Thee this poor heart of mine.
Make me humble, patient, pure
and wholly obedient to Thy will.
Grant, good Jesus,
that I may live in Thee and for Thee.
Protect me in the midst of danger;
comfort me in my afflictions;
give me health of body,
assistance in my temporal needs,
Thy blessing on all that I do,
and the grace of a holy death.
Within Thy Heart I place my every care.
In every need let me come to Thee
with humble trust saying,
Heart of Jesus help me.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home