Fidelity to the Word
Our Lord and His Holy Apostles at the Last Supper


A blog dedicated to Christ Jesus our Lord and His True Presence in the Holy Mystery of the Eucharist


The Lord Jesus, the same night in which He was betrayed, took bread, and giving thanks, broke, and said: Take ye and eat, this is My Body which shall be delivered for you; this do for the commemoration of Me. In like manner also the chalice.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Where are you headed? (online quiz)

Midway in our life's journey, I went astray
from the straight road...

The Dante's Inferno Test has sent you to Purgatory!
Here is how you matched up against all the levels:

LevelScore
Purgatory (Repenting Believers)Extreme
Level 1 - Limbo (Virtuous Non-Believers)High
Level 2 (Lustful)Moderate
Level 3 (Gluttonous)Very Low
Level 4 (Prodigal and Avaricious)Very Low
Level 5 (Wrathful and Gloomy)Moderate
Level 6 - The City of Dis (Heretics)Very Low
Level 7 (Violent)Moderate
Level 8- the Malebolge (Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers)Low
Level 9 - Cocytus (Treacherous)Very Low

Take the Dante's Inferno Hell Test

(I found the quiz while browsing the De Civitate Dei blog).

Coincidentally, I have just started reading Dante's Purgatorio. Right now I am with the late repentant at the base of the mountain. At one canto per day, I will be in Purgatory a long time.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Started reading the Purgatorio a couple nights ago; found and posted the Inferno Quiz last night; then earlier this evening, I went to a Tatiana concert hosted by my parish. Toward the end of the show, Tatiana's six-year old son Dante joined her briefly to sing "I do believe".

Coincidence? Well yes, sometimes seemingly-related events do occur in juxtaposition just by chance. Still, it is like a little chapter in my life.

Or throw in a conversation I had three nights ago about the big things (does G-d exist, why are we here) along with some foot dragging about getting my personal life in order, and we have a salutary reminder of mortality and Divine Judgment.

Enough navel gazing for one night.

4/06/2006 01:03:00 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

The translation and commentary by Charles Singleton is also highly regarded.

5/06/2006 10:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home