Fidelity to the Word
Our Lord and His Holy Apostles at the Last Supper


A blog dedicated to Christ Jesus our Lord and His True Presence in the Holy Mystery of the Eucharist


The Lord Jesus, the same night in which He was betrayed, took bread, and giving thanks, broke, and said: Take ye and eat, this is My Body which shall be delivered for you; this do for the commemoration of Me. In like manner also the chalice.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

We shall go into the house of the Lord


Dear friend, I pray again yesterday's Rogation Day prayers for you.

+++

I rejoiced at the things that were said to me: We shall go into the house of the Lord. Our feet were standing in thy courts, O Jerusalem. Jerusalem, which is built as a city, which is compact together. For thither did the tribes go up, the tribes of the Lord: the testimony of Israel, to praise the name of the Lord. Because their seats have sat in judgment, seats upon the house of David.

Pray ye for the things that are for the peace of Jerusalem: and abundance for them that love thee. Let peace be in thy strength: and abundance in thy towers. For the sake of my brethren, and of my neighbours, I spoke peace of thee. Because of the house of the Lord our God, I have sought good things for thee.
Psalm 121

+++

He heard my voice from His holy temple, alleluia: and
my cry before Him came into His ears, alleluia, alleluia.

I will love Thee, O Lord, my strength: the Lord is my firmament,
my refuge and my deliverer.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost,
as in the beginning, and now, and always, and to the age of ages.

He heard my voice from His holy temple, alleluia: and
my cry before Him came into His ears, alleluia, alleluia.

+++

Pope Saint John I, pray for her.

+++

It is recorded of Saint Bede the Venerable that
The Saint was employed in translating the Gospel of St. John from the Greek up to the hour of his death, which took place on Ascension Day, 735. "He spent that day joyfully," writes one of his scholars. And in the evening the boy who attended him said, "Dear master, there is yet one sentence unwritten." He answered, "Write it quickly." Presently the youth said, "Now it is written" He replied, "Good! thou hast said the truth—consummatum est; take my head into thy hands, for it is very pleasant to me to sit facing my old praying-place, and there to call upon my Father." And so on the floor of his cell he sang, "Glory be to the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost;" and just as he said "Holy Ghost," he breathed his last, and went to the realms above.
I am grateful that you also remembered our heavenly Father until the end of your life. May you dwell in His house forever.

Saint Bede, pray for her.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home