Fidelity to the Word
Our Lord and His Holy Apostles at the Last Supper


A blog dedicated to Christ Jesus our Lord and His True Presence in the Holy Mystery of the Eucharist


The Lord Jesus, the same night in which He was betrayed, took bread, and giving thanks, broke, and said: Take ye and eat, this is My Body which shall be delivered for you; this do for the commemoration of Me. In like manner also the chalice.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sexagesima

Sexagesima Sunday is the second Sunday of the pre-Lenten season. As we approach the penitential season of Lent, now is a suitable time to lift our imperfect eyes from our imperfect circumstances and remember by Whom we were made and towards Whom we should set our hearts.

Lift up your eyes to the heavens,
    look at the earth beneath;
the heavens will vanish like smoke,
    the earth will wear out like a garment
    and its inhabitants die like flies.
But my salvation will last forever,
    my righteousness will never fail.


Isaiah 51:6

And do not despair that the burdens of this life are too heavy to carry:

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

2 Corinthians 12:9

May God bless you, kind visitor, with a humble and contrite heart, and strength to bear your burdens with hope.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home