Fidelity to the Word
Our Lord and His Holy Apostles at the Last Supper


A blog dedicated to Christ Jesus our Lord and His True Presence in the Holy Mystery of the Eucharist


The Lord Jesus, the same night in which He was betrayed, took bread, and giving thanks, broke, and said: Take ye and eat, this is My Body which shall be delivered for you; this do for the commemoration of Me. In like manner also the chalice.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Pentecost

The Spirit of the Lord hath filled the whole world [alleluia]: and that, which containeth all things, hath knowledge of the voice [alleluia, alleluia, alleluia]. (Wisdom 1:7)

Let God arise, and let His enemies be scattered: and let them that hate Him flee from before His face. (Psalm 67:2)

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost, as it was in the beginning, and now, and ever, and unto ages of ages.

O God, who on this day didst teach the hearts of the faithful by the light of the Holy Spirit: grant unto us, by the same Spirit, to be wise in what is right, and ever to rejoice in His consolation. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the same Holy Ghost, God, for all the ages of ages. Amen.


There appeared to them parted tongues as it were of fire, and it sat upon every one of them

Holy Ghost, come into my heart; draw it to Thee by Thy power, O my God, and grant me charity with filial fear. Preserve me, O ineffable Love, from every evil thought; warm me, inflame me with Thy dear love, and every pain will seem light to me. My Father, my sweet Lord, help me in all my actions. Jesus, love, Jesus, love. Amen.

St. Catherine of Siena (1347-1380)

Labels: , ,