Fidelity to the Word
Our Lord and His Holy Apostles at the Last Supper


A blog dedicated to Christ Jesus our Lord and His True Presence in the Holy Mystery of the Eucharist


The Lord Jesus, the same night in which He was betrayed, took bread, and giving thanks, broke, and said: Take ye and eat, this is My Body which shall be delivered for you; this do for the commemoration of Me. In like manner also the chalice.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

For Fear of the Wolves

A request for prayers from the Inaugural Homily of his Holiness Benedict XVI:

One of the basic characteristics of a shepherd must be to love the people entrusted to him, even as he loves Christ whom he serves. “Feed my sheep”, says Christ to Peter, and now, at this moment, he says it to me as well. Feeding means loving, and loving also means being ready to suffer. Loving means giving the sheep what is truly good, the nourishment of God’s truth, of God’s word, the nourishment of his presence, which he gives us in the Blessed Sacrament. My dear friends – at this moment I can only say: pray for me, that I may learn to love the Lord more and more. Pray for me, that I may learn to love his flock more and more – in other words, you, the holy Church, each one of you and all of you together. Pray for me, that I may not flee for fear of the wolves. Let us pray for one another, that the Lord will carry us and that we will learn to carry one another.

According to Hilary at The Devout Life, the wolves have won the battle over the indult:

I have it through various channels that there is not going to be a motu proprio freeing the Mass. ... A threat was made the exact nature of which I have not been able to discover. Either way, it's over for now.

With sincere respect for the estimable Hilary, I'm still not willing to give up hope.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home